User guide for signing PDFs using PKCS12-based certificates as of April 13, 2023
1. Procurement of suitable signature certificates
PDFCreator allows the automated signing of all printed documents using PKCS-12 based signature and seal certificates. The following GLOBALTRUST product types are delivered as PKCS12 files by default and are therefore suitable for PDF signatures according to these instructions:
✓ You can see an overview of all our products here
2. Open printer settings
PDF Creator home interface
- Choose „Printer“
- Open „Settings…“
3. Open settings for PDF
- On the left side under “Formats” select the format “PDF”.
4. Open settings and set parameters for signatures
- Select the “Signing” tab on the right-hand side
- Select ”Sign PDF file”
- Select certificate file (you can find the required PFX file on the GLOBALTRUST download page under ITEM I)
- Optionally state signature reason, signature contact, signature location
- Optionally select “Signature visible in PDF file” below
You might be interested in that
While digitization reached almost every aspect of daily work, the necessity for handwritten signatures in B2B environments preserves printing paper its crucial role – and incurs costs. However, by implementing e-signatures, businesses can reduce expenses, streamline processes, and contribute to a more sustainable...
QES & Competition Law – European Commission to require electronic signatures from 1st September, 2023
To further simplify merger control procedures and in line with its overall digital strategy, the European Commission has published a number of revised legal texts, including one that will make electronic transmission of electronically signed documents the default method from 1 September 2023. Read on to find out...
User guide for signing and encrypting emails with the GLOBALTRUST CLIENT certificate on your Apple iPhoneAs of May 10, 2023 1 Basic 1.1 Goals of this document A step-by-step guide on how to add the certificate to your iPhone to then sign and/or encrypt emails. This guide was created for an Apple iPhone (iOS version:...